CASTLE OPENING HOURS:
9 am – 7 pm
every day throughout the year (ticket office closes at 6.30 pm)
Closed 25 December 1 January
From November to February, from 4 pm and in March and October, from 5 pm, the Castle can be reached only through the main entrance (sea front – “Viale Miramare”).
PARK OPENING HOURS:
Monday – Sunday
October – February: 8 am – 4 pm
March – September: 8 am – 7 pm
ACCESS FOR DISABLED VISITORS
Inside the parking area by the main entrance (sea front – “Viale dei Lecci”) two parking places are reserved for vehicles displaying the “disabled” sticker.
The 300m-long avenue (Viale dei Lecci) can be negotiated by wheelchairs, or vehicles carrying disabled visitors (the latter upon prior application to the castle), in order to arrive right at the entrance to the castle.
tickets / booking
From 1 April 2018 to 11 May 2018:
– Full price : € 8,00
– Reduced price : € 4,00
From 12 May 2018 to 30 December 2018:
– Full price : € 12,00
– Reduced price : € 6,00
((increase of the ticket price for exhibition)
- EU citizens aged 18 – 25 (with ID)
– Admission free: € 0,00
- EU citizens under 18(with ID). Under 12’s must be accompanied
Free admission to all visitors on the first Sunday of each month.
FURTHER FREE ADMISSIONS
Entitled to free admission are:
- Groups and parties of students from state and private schools in Italy and the EU, accompanied by their teachers, subject to booking and in the number established by the head of the institution
- Teachers and students enrolled in the faculties of architecture, cultural heritage conservation and educational sciences, or on degree courses in literature or literary subjects with an archaeological or historic-artistic specialisation in the faculties of literature and philosophy (students must display the certificate or enrolment for the current academic year)
- Teachers and students enrolled in the Fine Arts Academies (upon display of a valid certificate issued by the competent authority)
- Personnel of the Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Tourism
- Operators of voluntary associations who carry out activities for promoting the cultural heritage and rendering it better known (according to agreements drawn up with the Ministry)
- Members of ICOM (International Council of Museums)
- EU disabled visitors accompanied by a family member or a social worker
- EU tour guides in the exercise of their professional activities (upon display of a valid licence issued by the competent authority)
- Tourist interpreters when their assistance is required alongside the guide (upon display of a valid licence issued by the competent authority)
- Journalists on the journalist register
- For all the citizens from Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein, the same facilities of United Europe citizens will be available
It is possible to book the entry to the castle by calling:
The telephone service operates:
Monday to Friday: from 9 am to 6 pm
Saturday: from 9 am to 2 pm
(closed on holidays)
The guided tour for groups (adult visitors or school groups, min. of 10 – max. of 25 people) must be reserved at least 15 days in advance.
For further information: www.castellomiramare.org
For online booking (maximum of 10 tickets): click here!
FREE ACCESS TO THE PARK!
The ticket at the entrance of the museum allows a tour according to the set routewhich includes the ground floor and the first floor of the Castle. The following services are available for visitors:
- Information in Italian, English, French, German on display panels situated in each room of the Castle
- Audio-guides in Italian, English, French, German, Spanish and Slovene for rent at the ticket office: € 3.50 (each) or € 5.00 (double). Duration: about one hour
- Multimedia Computer Room (available only in Italian, ground floor of the Castle)
- Miramare Designs Room (ground floor of the Castle
- Guided Tours for groups of 15 (min) –25 (max) people, by authorised regional tourist guides: € 4,00 each (to be added to the ticket price). Languages available: Italian, English, French, German, Hungarian, Croatian, Slovene, Spanish; booking necessary
- Didactic itineraries for school-groups by qualified staff, available only in Italian, at the price of € 3,50 each. Booking necessary
- Free Thematic Tours available only in Italian, by paying the entrance ticket, organized according to a monthly schedule by members of the Museum Assistants staff on Sundays and Holidays. For information tel. 040.224143; firstname.lastname@example.org
Inside the Castle all must observe the Visitor Guidelines, which state that photographs or recordings are forbidden, unless specifically authorized.
To know all the regulations of the Castle, please read the full text.
It is possible to visit the entire Park, admission free. The Park has manyinformative panels in Italian, English and German, complete with orientation mapsthat show the services to the public available in the area.
The Park is accessible via four entrances:
- the main entrance along the sea front – “Viale Miramare” is open every day throughout the year from 8 am to 7 pm
- the other three entrances – Grignano, via Beirut and entrance SR14 – are always open at 8 am but close when the Park itself closes (8 am – 5 pm October to February; 8 am – 3 pm November and December; 8 am – 4 pm January,
8 am – 7 pm April to August).
The entrances of the Park are 10-15 minutes from the entrance of the Castle.
Guided tours and didactic itineraries are available on booking; free thematic tours are periodically proposed in Italian by the Museum Assistants. Dogs are admitted, as long as they are held on the lead. Bicycles and scooters are not allowed inside the park; comfortable shoes are recommended. For further details look up the Park Regulations.
“CAFFÈ MASSIMILIANO”: parterre of the Park. The Coffee Shop opens at 9 am and closes one hour before the closing time of the Park. Tel. 040-224226
TICKET OFFICE: in the hall of the Castle. Emission of tickets, and renting of audio-guides (payment in cash). Opening hours: 9 am – 6.30 pm. Tel. 040-2247013
BOOKSHOP: in the hall of the Castle. Postcards, books and souvenirs on sale. Opening hours: 9 am – 6.30 pm. Tel. 040-224303
CLOAKROOM: in the hall of the Castle. Compulsory for backpacks, luggage, big bags and umbrellas. Lockers available. Free service and run autonomously
INFORMATION POINT: in the hall of the Castle. For information on the Museum and its activities. Tel. 040-224143
PARKING AREA: main entrance to the Castle (sea front – “Viale Miramare”). Sixty parking spaces. Pay-parking at the following rates:
- MOTOR VEHICLES: € 1,00/h
- CARS: € 1,00/1h – € 3,00/2h – € 6,00/3h – € 3,00 each additional hour
- COACHES: € 15,00
WC: two toilets in the Park; respectively one in the parking area and one close to the small harbour.
THE QUALITY SERVICE CHARTERaims to fix the principles and rules governing the relationship between service-providers and service-users.
It establishes a proper “AGREEMENT” WITH USERS AND IS A WAY OF COMMUNICATING INFORMATION to enable them to know what the offered services are, together with the conditions and standards promised. Users are, therefore, in a position to check that the services have been properly carried out, and can offer their own opinions and, if need be, complaints.
The adoption of the QUALITY SERVICE CHARTER by the institutions belonging to theMinistry of Cultural Heritage and Activities is one of a number of initiatives designed to promote a wider appreciation of the cultural inheritance they are responsible for, and to accommodate as far as possible – subject to the requirements of protection and research – the organization of their activities to the expectations of the public.
The Quality Service Charter will be regularly updated to consolidate the standard achieved and to record the positive changes brought about by projects of improvement, including a periodical monitoring of users’ opinions.
ART AND CULTURE:
Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities: www.beniculturali.it
Municipality of Trieste: www.retecivica.trieste.it
Trieste Culture: www.triestecultura.it
Tourism Friuli Venezia Giulia – Tourist Agency FVG: www.turismofvg.it
Regional Informative System of the Cultural Heritage: www.sirpac.it
Computer Science and Web for the Cultural Heritage: www.infobc.uniud.it
Autovie Venete: www.autovie.it
Transport Trieste s.p.a.: www.triestetrasporti.it
Airport “Friuli Venezia Giulia”: www.aeroporto.fvg.it
National Railways – Ferrovie dello Stato: www.trenitalia.it
Provincial Transport Company of Gorizia: www.aptgorizia.it
AND IN PARTICULAR, ABOUT MIRAMARE:
Booking Service for the Castle of Miramare: www.castellomiramare.org
Natural Marine Reserve of Miramare: www.riservamarinamiramare.it
Visitors are kindly requested to validate their entrance ticket and to keep it throughout their visit. Museum rooms are progressively numbered and properly indicated and must be visited accordingly.
Groups or school classes are limited to 25 persons.
Children under 12 years of age are to be accompanied by an adult.
Inside the Museum smoking, eating and drinking, making noise, touching the exhibit items, littering floors and defacing walls, as well as damaging the Museum in any way, are all strictly forbidden. Trespassers will immediately be expelled from the premises and be held legally responsible for any damage done.
Bags, backpacks, umbrellas, etc. must de deposited in the Museum cloakroom; pushchairs must be left in the hall.
No animals of any kind may be taken into the Museum.
Mobile phones must either be switched off during the tour or at least have their volume turned down low.
It is forbidden to visit the Museum clad only in swimsuits.
Any complaints or remarks should be put in writing the proper form available at the information desk.
Complaints without signature or address will be not accepted.
As a historical garden of highest monumental, artistic, scenic, botanical and environmental value, the nature of the park’s soil and green cannot be altered. To guarantee the park’s preservation in the public interest, allowing it to serve as a source of enjoyment for all, in all its peculiar and characteristic aspects, the following guidelines also mention specific conducts to be avoided:
- Visitors are allowed to stroll (making sure their footwear is appropriate for paths that are unpaved or terraced), rest, visit (individually or in groups, accompanied by school teachers or authorized guides), take photographs and brief videos for non-commercial use, and walk leashed domestic animals (fouling must be cleaned up). Cyclists must dismount and push their bicycles.
- Smoking is forbidden in all areas of the park.
- Strolling through the park wearing a swimsuit is not permitted; nor is bathing allowed in the small port or elsewhere in the park.
- Animals cannot be released in the park, not even if they are marine animals. Likewise, feeding them or bringing and leaving food behind for them is not permitted.
- Wandering off the paths and onto the green is not permitted; nor is picking flowers or otherwise damaging lawns, shrubbery or trees.
- Moving or tampering with park furniture or decor is not allowed; nor is sitting or leaning on balustrades or kerbs delimiting green areas or fountains.
- Using rollerblades or roller skates is not allowed, nor is any game that would include running, or any other fast movement, and the use of a ball.
- Litter must not be dropped outside the receptacles provided for the disposal of refuse.
- On rainy or particularly windy days, visitors are strongly advised to be very careful along paths that, by their very nature, may become slippery, in particular if terraced.
- Any urgent communication to prevent damage or otherwise related to the safety of people or property is to be directed immediately to the security staff at the information counter in the entrance hall of the Historical Museum of the Castle of Miramare.
For complaints, relevant forms are available from the information counter; alternatively, complaints can be addressed to the Museo storico e il parco del castello di Miramare by post or e-mail: email@example.com
Any violation of these Rules is punishable in accordance with the Italian criminal code and applicable laws safeguarding cultural heritage.